Marlowe Road Congregational Church can be dated back to 1909 when a group of people met for worship in the Grosvenor Assembly Rooms in Liscard.
It was decided that a new church should be built and the site chosen was situated on the junction of Marlowe Road and Torrington Road, Liscard.
The foundation stone was laid on 18th July, 1913 by the first Mayor of Wallasey, James Thomas Chester, who was also a prominent member of the Congregation.
The church opened later in October of the same year for worship and the first incumbent was Revd. W. Eaton Thomas.
In 1923 a new hall was added to the rear of the church.
In 1972, along with other Congregational and Presbyterian churches, Marlowe Road joined the United Reformed Church.